“Impressive control aside, as so many other brakes seem to become less reliable, it might be the G-Spec’s consistency that wins many riders over.” Pinkbike.com
“The Quadiems deliver more than enough power to slow this 200-lbs tester down with one finger on any terrain, and once you get used to them, they do it in a very predictable manner.” Vital MTB
“In fact, we would go as far as to say that if you are looking for a powerful, gravity focused brake, the TRP G-Spec Quadiem is one of the best performing brakes on the market.” Enduro-MTB.com
Watch Luca Cometti in “Dream Machines” Onboard the G-Spec DH
In 2016, TRP began working with reigning UCI DH World Cup Champion Aaron Gwin. Out of the gate, he was impressed with the initial level of performance, but he did have a list of improvements needed to achieve world cup winning performance.
Working closely with the TRP development team, improvements were made to every part of the brake necessary. They were then tested on the world cup circuit throughout the season. The result is G-Spec, Aaron asked and we delivered every detail. With no expense spared creating this brake, every rider can now stop with world cup winning performance.
The G-Spec DH is made from forged aluminum that has been CNC’d, polished, then anodized to give the brakes an eye-catching finish. It also features the new dimpled and drilled lever blade designed by Aaron Gwin. Riders will also find four hybrid pistons (Composite/ Stainless) for improved heat dissipation, tool free indexed reach adjust, and CNC cooling fins on the caliper.
- Four hybrid piston caliper (Composite/ Stainless)
- Robust caliper design for increased stiffness and power
- CNC caliper with cooling fins
- Tool free indexed reach adjust
- Ergonomic dimpled and drilled alloy lever design by Aaron Gwin
- Adjustable banjo fitting for optimal hose routing
- Split hinge clamp handlebar clamp
- I-Spec ll (XT and XTR only) and matchmaker compatible with TRP I-Spec II to matchmaker adapter
- Weight: 316g (Front)